Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Meatless Monday New Product Review

(CLEARLY I am getting caught up today.)
Monday was Meatless Monday. We had tostadas. It is our fall back easy meatless thing. Hubby and I actually like the meatless crumbles, he calls it Veat (vegetarian meat). This week I found Yves Meatless Ground Turkey on sale ($1.50), so I picked it up to try it.
I seasoned it with onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne powder, a little salt and some paprika.
I used one pack. There was plenty for the 6 tostadas Hubby and I had. The kids had beans, rice and some of the veat mixed together like a dip. (as for the battle... Mommy gets 1/2. Hubby loved it. Caleigh ate it.) There was even some left That I am having for lunch today.
I Love this product. I would like it to be freezable, but it has a decent shelf life and it seasons really well. I would like to try it again in pasta sauce. But I think if I can find it on sale, will use this instead of the Morningstar Farms crumbles ($4-5 a bag).

No comments:

Post a Comment