Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Meatless Mondays and Fishy Fridays

I have decided to do at least one day a week where we eat meatless meals, and at least one day a week where we eat fish. This is another attempt to set a good example for my children, expand our recipes, and eat healthier.
Alex wants to eat fish more often. I bought a fish and seafood cookbook. Fishy friday is my way of committing to one day a week. We will likely work up to more times a week. But for now, one day a week is a start.
I have been partially vegetarian for years. I find that when it is just me alone, I revert to eating basically vegetarian. Alex has been very accepting of vegetarian food. Even though he still "lovingly" calls it fascist food. Meghan, my sister, is vegan and has been very good for getting Alex to try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment