Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Merry Christmas to Me

My husband loves me lots. He bought me the Racheal Ray Furi Knives for Christmas. These are the best knives I have ever used. I love them. With exception of the whole proposing to me on Christmas morning, these are the best Christmas gift ever!!! These are beautifully ballanced, lightweight and comfortable. I started using them that very day and I have used them every day since.
The best knife I had prior to these was part of a set, that Alex got me our very first Christmas together. It was a bread knife, "chef's"knife, what was suposed to be a boning knife, and six steak knifes. The bread knife was a joke, the boning knife was serrated (they all were, but this is particularly bad for a boning knife). The steak knives were and are the best ones I have ever had, I use them as ATK's (all terrain Knives). I use them for camping, and for general service, I take them with me for cutting up apples at work and they will cut through just about anything so they are abuse friendy.
I also recieved new measuring cups, the OXO Good Grips Angled Measurers. The cool thing about these is that you can read the measurement from above as well as the side. I love the OXO Good Grips Products in general. These are quickly becoming the only kitchen tools I use, because of the reasonable cost, easy availability and superb durability. I abuse the heck out of my silicone spatulas. These are serious multi taskers. I use them to make scrambled eggs, to press food through strainers, they are flexible, non staining, and really easy to clean (nothing sticks to them).
Ok Enough about my kitchen tools.
I will post soon, with recipes, taste tests, and food experiments gone bad (or good. You never know until you try it.)

2 comments:

  1. Are there any big box stores that sell these goodies that you know of?

    I'd like to check 'em out.

    ReplyDelete